BUILD TEAM 2019
Your team visit in Haiti is to serve God with your time and talents. Each day, we pray for God’s blessings, guidance and protection on our work. You will be truly blessed for your efforts and your life will be changed as you share your heart with our precious children.
Jesus said of children in Matthew 19:13, “for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
We thank God for the opportunity to serve these helpless children and we look forward to having you!
Build Teams 2019 Members:
MedicalTeam2019 - October 2019
ChristmasTeam2019 - December 2019
BuildTeam2019 - September 23 – 29, 2019
What You Will Be Doing:
BuildTeam2019 will work on the construction of two more classrooms for our school at the orphanage. We need a roof, benches, and desks, and some cosmetics to make the rooms more practical and other build projects at the orphanage as needed.
Your time will not be “all work and no play”. First, visiting with the kids is a joy in itself. They love visitors and will “attach” themselves to you quickly. You will personally experience a child reaching out to you for love and affection. Remember, these kids have no parents; no mom or dad ever tucked them in at night and read them a bedtime story. For a few days in their lives, you will be their moms and dads. Enjoy those moments!
You also will experience some of the sights and sounds of Port au Prince. Afternoon trips will explore the more interesting characteristic of Haiti and it’s people. You will witness, first hand, some of the hardest working people you’ll ever see. The tenacity of the Haitians is quite impressive. You will go home with memories that will never fade from your mind.
Teams visit the orphanage for 7 days – Monday through Sunday. A team consists of 12 members chosen on a “first come first basis”.
- You are responsible for your airfare and a requested donation to the orphanage of $40 per day per person or $280 for the week. This covers your housing, food and travel expenses while you are with us. Your donation is made to Child Hope Worldwide Inc and is tax deductible.
- Airlines that fly to Port au Prince are American, Delta, JetBlue and Spirit. Upon your arrival, we will, of course, pick you up at the airport (PAP). If you know other teams members, try to schedule the same flights. We will post team members as they register.
- Should you desire personal insurance for your stay, we recommend imglobal.com. Take a look at their website for coverage options.
- Vaccine recommendations can be found at https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/haiti.
- Don’t’ worry about drinking contaminated water; all potable water is from purified sources and safe to drink.
- Bring comfortable, summer clothes! Shorts and t-shirts are recommended. It’s Haiti and it can be a bit warm! Mosquito repellant is also recommended.